Leather products are widely used in shoes, clothing, bags and other products. At present, the annual global leather trade is about 120 billion US dollars. At present, there are five kinds of leather products on the market. Identification method is: a look at the pores, two look at the brightness, three by hand. These identification methods are from the appearance of identification, if more in-depth and more accurate identification of the type of leather, good or bad, can also use high-tech microscopic identification technology, from a deeper level of identification.
At present, there are five kinds of leather products on the market. Identification method is: a look at the pores, two look at the brightness, three by hand. Its specific characteristics are as follows
(1) Cowhide: the pores on the surface of cowhide leather are small, round, evenly and tightly distributed, the surface is bright and smooth, the texture is plump and delicate, the appearance is flat and smooth, and the texture is solid and elastic when touched by hand. When selecting, if you squeeze the leather, there will be small folds. If you don’t look carefully, you can hardly see the mane eye of leather products made of cow hide. At the same time, because of the thick leather, it is very stiff to wear.
(2) Sheepskin: sheepskin leather surface with flat and round pores, clear pores, several roots form a group, arranged into a fish scale. The leather products made from sheepskin are delicate and soft. Although the surface is glossy, it is not as bright as cattle products. When the leather is pressed hard, there are obvious wrinkles. Sheepskin products are comfortable to wear.
(3) Pigskin: the pores of pigskin leather are round and thick, and three of them are arranged in a triangle, each group is far away, and the leather surface is uneven. It can be identified even after polishing. The leather is coarser than that of cow leather and has a hard handle.
(4) Horse skin: roughly, horse skin is similar to cattle, with smooth and delicate appearance. However, careful observation shows that the brightness of horse skin is not as good as that of cow skin, the color is dim, the pores are oval, and the leather surface is loose and soft. Compared with sheep skin, horse skin is close to sheep skin. The thickness and bristle eye size of the skin are similar to those of sheep skin. The key to distinguish is that the leather of horse skin is harder than that of sheep skin, with poor handle and uneven luster. Squeeze the skin hard, no wrinkles. Horse skin is easy to break after long wear.
(5) Artificial leather: also known as letter imitation leather. At present, the imitation leather products made of polyurethane non-woven synthetic leather are similar to the leather products in appearance, and even can reach the level of “authenticity”. This requires careful identification and selection. Generally speaking, imitation leather is made of chemical materials smeared on cloth. The appearance and handle of imitation cow leather are similar to cow leather; The appearance and handle of imitation sheepskin are similar to sheepskin, and its surface is glossy. However, there are no pores on the surface and the bottom plate is not animal skin. If you squeeze hard, the leather won’t wrinkle. It can still be distinguished from animal skin, but there are also microporous coated artificial leather. In this case, it can still be distinguished according to the base material on the reverse side. Some criminals sell imitation leather products as genuine leather products. In order not to be seen through, they often attach a layer of miscellaneous leather to the interface edge of imitation leather products, and the leather material at the interface is sandwich. Consumers should pay attention to the distinction when purchasing, so as not to be cheated.
Identification of natural leather and artificial leather
With the development of social science and technology, the technology of artificial leather is becoming more and more mature, and the product quality is greatly improved, especially in the imitation leather, which can be confused with the real leather. It is similar to natural leather in many aspects, such as air permeability, flexibility, feel and appearance, but the price is far lower than natural leather. Therefore, we need to further improve the identification ability. These identification methods are from the appearance of identification, if more in-depth and more accurate identification of the type of leather, good or bad, can also use high-tech microscopic identification technology, from a deeper level of identification.
In view of this, some far sighted leather production enterprises, such as Guangdong wanlima Industrial Co., Ltd., actively introduce high-tech technology to leather detection, and check the source through on-site microscopic detection technology, so as to put an end to the phenomenon of “shoddy quality” and “false to true”. In addition, when selling leather products, the microscopic effect of relevant leather products can also be displayed in front of consumers, so that consumers can rest assured.
It is understood that generally there is no film covered dermis can see the fur particles, as shown in the figure, some of the film covered dermis can not see the fur particles according to the different leather making process. Traditional leather identification is mainly through the naked eye brightness, hand touch and other methods, this kind of method identification is slow and inaccurate. The on-site microscopic detection technology is a new method for leather identification. It is an effective combination of portable microscopic technology and local mobile Internet. Using the 3R company’s eniti: anyty portable WiFi microscope 3r-wm401wifi, the microstructure of leather (hair follicle morphology, density, etc.) can be seen at a glance in mobile phones and tablet computers, and multiple people can observe the same piece of leather at the same time, By analyzing and sharing, we can quickly detect the leather quality, leather types, etc., and let consumers rest assured.